This private tour of Delhi’s temples packs in main highlights into just one day—perfect for travelers short on time. Your private guide shows you some of India’s most stunning and spiritual spots, including ISKCON temple, Lotus Temple, Chattarpur Temple, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib and Akshardham Temple. Plus, round-trip transport from Delhi City is included to ensure a stress-free trip.
Covering: ISKCON Temple Delhi, Lotus Temple, Chhatarpur Temple, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, Swaminarayan Akshardham
Duration: 8 Hrs.
Tour Cost: INR 2350 Per Person (Minimum 2 People)
ISKCON Temple Delhi – This temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna and Radharani of Hinduism. The temple was built with stone and marble. This latticed tower temple is located at the highest point of the hill. You can find many carved wood and stone carvings in the temple walls, which explain the mythological stories of Hinduism.
Lotus Temple – Designed for tranquil worship, Delhi’s beautiful Lotus Temple (Bahai Temple) offers a rare pocket of calm in the hectic city. This architectural masterpiece was designed by Iranian-Canadian architect Fariburz Sahba in 1986. It is shaped like a lotus flower, with 27 delicate-looking white-marble petals. The temple was created to bring faiths together; visitors are invited to pray or meditate silently according to their own beliefs
Chhatarpur Temple – Delhi’s second-largest temple (after Akshardham), this impressive sandstone and marble complex dates from 1974, and is dedicated to the goddess Katyayani (one of the nine forms of Parvati). There are dozens of shrines with towering South Indian gopurams (temple towers), and an enormous statue of Hanuman stands guard over one part of the complex.
Gurudwara Bangla Sahib – This magnificent white-marble gurdwara (Sikh temple), topped by glinting golden onion domes, was constructed at the site where the eighth Sikh guru, Harkrishan Dev, stayed before his 1664 death. As at all gurdwaras, free meals are served to pilgrims daily. Just inside the entrance to the complex is a small museum, chronicling the history of Sikhism and its gurus and martyrs.
Swaminarayan Akshardham – Delhi’s largest temple, the Gujarati Hindu Swaminarayan Group’s Akshardham Temple was built in 2005, and is breathtakingly lavish. Artisans used ancient techniques to carve the pale red sandstone into elaborate reliefs, including 20,000 deities, saints and mythical creatures. The centerpiece is a 3m-high gold statue of Bhagwan Shri Swaminarayan surrounded by more, fabulously intricate carvings.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private air-condition vehicle
- Professional private local guide
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks
- Monument entrances
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code – Temples are a sacred house of God and a place of daily worship. To preserve its sanctity and spiritual ambiance one must follow the below dress code within temple complex:
- Upper Wear: Must cover the shoulders, chest, navel, and upper arms
- Lower Wear: Must be at least below knee-length
- Remove footwear outside the temple. Socks are fine, you can keep wearing them.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved please wear comfortable socks
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should be fully vaccinated and carry the covid vaccination certificate
- Most travelers can participate This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Note: These rates are applicable for pick up and drop from hotel in Delhi Only.